ACE is the leading UK organisation in the field of visual art and religion. ACE offers stimulating educational projects and publications, advice, information and skills.
Now recuiting for a projects manager – curating the visual arts in churches and cathedrals
A post shared by ACE and the ChurchCare team (Church of England) and kindly funded by the Jerusalem Trust and the Headley Trust.
Part time (2.5 days a weeks), salary negotiable depending on experience
ACE and ChurchCare are seeking an individual to take forward an initiative that promotes and enables visual arts projects across churches and cathedrals in England.
The person required would work closely with the Director of ACE and also with senior members of the ChurchCare team at Church House in Westminster. This person would
• assess and document successful case studies of recent temporary art commissions in Anglican churches
• build on existing networks and establish good links with galleries and visual arts organisations in diverse areas of England
• initiate innovative and high quality works of art within church contexts
• organise educational events that build a better understanding of the visual arts and the CofE
• contribute to new guidelines for commissioning temporary works of art in churches and cathedrals.
The post will be managed by the Director of ACE and work with senior members of the ChurchCare team on certain projects.
The job profile is available to download: job profile.
To apply please send your cv along with a covering letter giving your reasons for applying for this post, and explaining what experience, knowledge and skills you would bring to the work to ACE, St John's Church, Pitfield Street, London N1 6NP or by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 9 September 2016. Interviews will take place in the last week of September 2016.
- Interrogation of the imagination: the work of Marcus Coates
- Rina Arya on Roy de Maistre and Francis Bacon
- Charles Pickstone reviews Mona Hatoum
- Roxy Walsh reviews Georgiana Houghton and Winifred Knights
- Andres Serrano's uncensored photographs
Subscribe now by joining ACE as a member
Become a member of ACE and receive four quarterly copies of 'Art & Christianity', plus invitations to and notifications of events and exhibitions. Only £30 annually. Contact ACE on 020 7033 9481.
If you would like to be kept informed of ACE news and activities, you can sign up to our free email newsletter.