Art and Christianity (ISSN 1746-6229) is the quarterly journal of ACE which since 1994 has published features, exhibition and book reviews, news and comment from the field of art and religion. Art and Christianity is predominantly about Christianity but we welcome articles from and about all faith traditions.
Edited by a board of ACE staff, trustees and advisers, recent contributors include David Jasper, Eamon Duffy, Margaret Garlake, Paul O'Kane, Joseph Masheck, Anna Moszynska, Frances Spalding and Rowan Williams spanning different continents, faiths and art forms.
Browse recent articles:
- from A&C no 82 Sophie Hacker interviews Jacquiline Creswell
- from A&C no 79 Frances Spalding on the painter David Tweedy.
- from A&C no 75 Rowan Williams and Neil MacGregor in conversation at the Hay Festival (full transcript)
and Roland Riem's review of ceramicist Julian Stair's exhibition ‘Quietus’ (Winchester Cathedral)
- from A&C no 74 Aaron Rosen reviews Light Show (Hayward Gallery)
- from A&C no 72 Graham Howes reviews the Pre-Raphaelites (Tate Gallery)
- from A&C no 71 Joseph Masheck on El Lissitsky (keynote lecture from ACE international conference 2012)
Other past articles:
- Stephen Bann on 'Traces du Sacré'
- Margaret Garlake on Anthony Caro & Catherine Pickstock on Tracey Emin
Issues are published quarterly at the beginning of February (Spring), May (Summer), August (Autumn) and November (Winter). The copy deadline is a month in advance. Proposals for articles and reviews are welcome and will be considered by the editorial board.
The editorial board: Peter Doll, Graham Howes, Jonathan Koestlé-Cate, Inge Linder-Gaillard, Laura Moffatt, Charles Pickstone, Laura Purseglove, Frances Spalding and Kim Vrudny.
Join ACE for your quarterly copies. The current issue costs £3 (inc postage) or you can request a free introductory back issue by emailing us with your postal address.